My Hands Are Yours God

My name is Tammy and I am a mother of 2 precious girls, wife to an amazing man, (and my best friend) and a woman who is so in love with her Savior. I love to write, poetry is my usual course. For the most part, there is a story behind them all. Sometimes, I just want to write.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Body of Christ

A smile, a glance a simple hello, surface greetings are made.
A hug and a hand, a help with a bag, a stranger walks in so afraid.

Sharing a story, a joy or a song, while sipping a cup of joe,
Someone slips by quietly, in a pain you'll never know.

Compliments and glances, exchanged as we pass and get through a day.
That one who held the door for you, wishes someone would stop him and pray.

Singing loudly to a brand new song, swaying on our feet.
As one sits down, completely fatigued, in physical, physical defeat.

If pause can be made right where your are, then stop and look around.
Do you see what can't be seen, can you hear that inaudible sound?

That stranger walking in alone, completely bound in fear.
The familiar face who always smiles, she's fighting back a tear.
The one who held a door for you, something is different today.
The joyful spirit he had last week, has somehow slipped away.

If we're meant to tell the world, that Jesus loves and saves.
Then how can we neglect the one beside us as we Praise.
Lord give me the eyes to see the body of Christ laid open.
So I can speak into the life, of one who is silently broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment