My Hands Are Yours God

My name is Tammy and I am a mother of 2 precious girls, wife to an amazing man, (and my best friend) and a woman who is so in love with her Savior. I love to write, poetry is my usual course. For the most part, there is a story behind them all. Sometimes, I just want to write.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Unknown Story

I am undone from the inside out.
But not unraveled, yielded to what God allows.
Taken apart to see what is broken.
People pass by, but no one has spoken.
I had a will but I left it back there.
Lost on a road that just didn't seem fair.
Begging for anything, I sit on this street.
Going unnoticed, some will trip on my feet.
Falling asleep under stars, and on this cold ground.
The silence is peace, as I wait for a sound.
A whisper from heaven that all will be well.
but can it be? It's too soon to tell.
I wake up to snowflakes that land on my nose.
and the sound of the morning as winter wind blows.
Wrapped in a blanket and snuggled down warm.
A shadow above me is cast, a familiar form?
Fingers reach down and smooth out my hair.
A feeling of hope, is this someone who cares?
I sit up to gesture this figure to sit down.
Bending down low, we move close on the ground.
Sitting in silence as my new company speaks.
Joy overcomes me and I start to weep.
Reminded of moments when all was just right.
Emotions once hidden come too strong to fight.
A vision of a Bible and hands in my lap.
Music and singing, hands and feet that would tap.
My Grandmother praying, hearing her voice.
The day I repented, how she did rejoice.
We spoke of salvation and the work of the cross.
Of all that was given, my gain, His loss.
Standing together, I knew it was time.
This life I was living was not really mine.
He reached out his hand and we walked together.
Leaving behind all this sadness forever.
One final glance at the form on the ground.
The silence was peace, and I needed no sound.
Carried away to a home up in Glory.
Just a shell on the street with an unknown story.



I am always moved by people on the streets. I imagine their story because I know they have one to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment